Tell us about something you know you should do . . . but don’t.
To list something that I should do, but don’t… Isn’t that telling on yourself?
There’s probably a lot of things I should be doing, and of course I’m not. There’s the “being more attentive to family and loved ones”, “Play fairly in Words With Friends”, “Return neighbor’s tools when borrowed”, and the list goes on. However, since I’m not ready to discuss, much less admit to, these deficiencies — let me tell you about this one instead.
Have you ever gone to the store, especially one dealing in electronics or appliances, been looking for an item? You’ve narrowed down the choice between two or three products. In the end you’ve narrowed it down two items that are nearly identical, one’s a little bit cheaper, but the other one has a mail-in making it less expensive after the rebate. I then purchase the rebated item and bring it home.
What I should do once I am home is sit down right then and fill out the rebate form, attach all the required documentation and put it in the mailbox. However, what I do is nothing of the sort. I staple the receipt to the rebate form and put it on the desk, afterall I have 30 days to submit it. I then go “play” with or setup what ever neat gizmo, toy or gadget I bought. A month goes by, then two, then I notice this paper sitting on the shelf, it has probably been moved two or three times since the original placement. Picking it up, it is of course the, now expired, rebate.
I know that manufacturers are playing the odds by offering rebates. Betting that people like me will buy their product because of the rebate, and then never submit it. How many times have you made a purchase that included a rebate that you didn’t claim?
Some other tattle tales you might want to check out:
- Shoulda, woulda, coulda … « Playing for Time
- Daily Prompt: Shoulda Woulda Coulda « Big Bowl Of Thought Soup
- Shoulda Woulda Coulda… « My Mind-Grapes
- DAILY PROMPT- WOULDA,COULDA,SHOULDA! | Nerissa Moonshine
- Daily Prompt: Shoulda Woulda Coulda « Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Shoulda Woulda Coulda | fourcatpaw
- Shoulda Woulda Coulda | Lady Goodman
- Daily Prompt: Shoulda Woulda Coulda « A Western Buddhist’s Travels
- Shoulda Woulda Coulda – gone to the gym | A Brit-Girl’s Guide to the First and Ten
- What if it Was Time to Let Go & I Didn’t Know? « So You Think You Can Think
- Daily Prompt: Shoulda Woulda Coulda | Writing Canvas
- Daily Prompt: Shoulda Woulda Coulda – Top Ten List « Front Porches and Candlelight
- Daily Prompt: Shoulda Woulda Coulda | The Blogging Path
- Shoulda Woulda Coulda – Daily Prompt | The Bottom of a Bottle
- Shoulda Woulda Coulda | Yeahthtsme
- Should do just this …. | Pigments of Life
- Prompts and the Tragedy of Time | PROOF OF GOD! …and other tragedies.
- Daily Prompt: Shoulda Woulda Coulda, Maybe « Lines by Linda
- Daily Prompt: Shoulda Woulda Coulda « DiaryCube
- Let’s Get Physical! « doctorandmrso
- Daily Prompt: Shoulda Woulda Coulda | Moonlight Reflections
Till next time, have a great day!